Help and prayers needed - Cebu
Friends, I am asking for your prayers for the following needs recently shared with me by a good trusted friend of mine, at Fil-Event.com
Thank you very much for this opportunity to share the prayer needs/ list of Love in Action CHRISTian OUTREACH (LACO).
Just for an added info, this was started way back in Oct. of 2009. Just before my 31st birthday as it was my prayer that God would give me a personal ministry for HIM.
When I was in high school, I have dreamt of having my own orphanage. But, it took so many years for me to even take the first step to make that dream a reality. These days, having an orphanage needs a huge budget and wide supports from people. Though, God hasnt yet open that window of opportunity but for a start, HE has allowed me to start a mini-library for less fortunate kids and every Saturday I get to teach these kids basic literacy and Bibles stories.
My desire and prayer these days is that God would give us a permanent place for LACO kids. With that, I can go to more places and invite kids to come. This place hopefully would also serve as truly an outreach for them. With that having said, I pray God would give me committed and faithful volunteers.
To add, I have already brought in a 9 year old girl in my family. She no longer has a father and her mother has a new husband but they live in a very small area and have a very menial work that would earn around 2 dollars a day or so. To make matters worse, she has a lot of siblings. So, I have to take her in by Gods grace and divine providence. The future plan for LACO once God has answers our need; we can open the mini-library daily. We can cater to more kids in my neighborhood and reach out to other localities as well. Keep children off the streets.
On the other hand, these are the prayer concerns/ needs we have for 2011:
1.Renovation need for these empty rooms so that we can use it. The expenses will be deducted from the monthly rental rate of 60 USD per room. These are 2 rooms. The landlord will not use his own money for the renovation.
Rough estimate of the cost for renovation is around 800-1000 USD.
2. Rental fee of 1 room. 60 USD per month.
3. Sponsorship of the kids. At least 10-20 USD per month for the school year 2011-2012. School will commence on June 6. Class will end on April 2012.
4. School supplies and needs of the kids like crayons, notebooks, pencils, etc. The much need supplies they need now are shoes, uniforms, socks and food (food snacks/treats).
Kids love to go to school but since their stomachs are empty, they cant concentrate on the lesson being taught to them. All of these are included already in the 10-20 USD per month support per child.
5. Used childrens clothing ages 0-15 years old.
6. Used toys and childrens books and perhaps Childrens Bibles.
7. A multicab or used van for LACO.
8. Faithful and committed volunteers who will work with me.
9. Used television, used laptops, used projector for the multimedia class. Kids love this and I have rather good and positive responses from them. Also, they easily learn, too. As we are now in the technology age, we should also adopt the change. The lesson remains the same but the approach evolves.
If you are in a position to help with these needs in any way, please contact me through the contact us section at Fil-Event. Thanks so much and God bless